Wednesday, January 16, 2013

day 10: sunspots or brainfarts?

I don't know if it's the possibility of Sunspot AR1654 erupting or not, but today has been very strange. Awkward even.

It started out after my workout this morning. (I work for a great company and we have a gym and locker room on-site. I work out in the morning and get ready before I head to my desk, which means that I pack my gym bag the night before so I can just grab and go in the morning.) In the course of my long workout life, I have forgotten articles of clothing. These are usually contained to panties, socks and bras. The missing bras are always fun. I have breastfed two children. That is all I am going to say about that.

This morning I had forgotten my skirt. This is a first. And I had packed tights...or so I thought. Oh, no. I packed footless tights. I didn't even know I owned footless tights. But I had my bra and knee-high boots. I had no choice but to put on my footless tights and then put on my too-short, sweaty, semi-shiny yoga/workout pants that have a reflective logo on the label.

My co-worker said, "It could be worse," but I am a real-life Glamour Don't.

On the flip-side, I did sleep beautifully again last night!

Lunch today was another disaster, the only difference between today and yesterday is that I added a small apple and more nuts, this time pistachios. Seriously. This nut addiction needs to go buh-bye. Need another munchable, because I am about to turn into a nut. Wait...

I will do better tomorrow. I will do better tomorrow. I will do better tomorrow.

I left work early today to get out of those gawd-awful pants and tourniquet-esque tights. Man, were they tight around the waist! Anyhoo...I had to bring work home and by the time I got the kids and went to the chiropractor, I had to get some work-work done and dinner was a low priority. I was not in the mood to slave. Fortunately, on Sunday I had pulled a slab of Coho salmon out of the freezer and had a pound of Brussels sprouts. Last summer I made a double batch of 101 Cookbook's Magic Sauce. This stuff is great and keeps forever in the refrigerator. I mean, it has been months since I last made it. Still good as new. The kids love it, and have changed the name to "Awesome Sauce." I have to agree.

I trimmed and cut the Brussels sprouts in half, tossed them with melted bacon fat and a few big spoonfuls of Awesome Sauce and roasted them at 450° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, the Enginerd pulled the pin bones and when the 15 minutes were up on the sprouts, I took them out of the oven, scooted them over to the side and then put the salmon filet in the same pan, topping it with a mix of Awesome Sauce and just a bit of bacon fat. Back in the oven for 10 minutes, and done. Finished with fresh Meyer lemon juice and served.

Awesome Sauce Filet of Salmon & Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Dinner was easy and awesome. (Do I need to type this up as a "recipe?")

day 10: dinner
"Awesome" Salmon & "Awesome" Brussels Sprouts



Breakfast: Frittata (leftover)

Lunch: Coconut Amino Roasted Almonds, Honeycrisp apple, pistachios

Dinner: Awesome Salmon & Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Have you ever felt like your brain is your imaginary friend? Well, my imaginary friend went off to be someone else's imaginary friend today, because my brain didn't work at all.

Tomorrow is another day!





No comments:

Post a Comment