Friday, January 18, 2013

day 12: not cooking

As much as I love to cook, sometimes I just need a break. You know? Today I get that break thanks to leftovers. Yay, leftovers!

Breakfast: leftover "Awesome" Salmon & Roasted Brussels Sprouts (Remember, rethink breakfast.)

Lunch: leftover Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Salad and 1/2 avocado

Dinner: Brats & Kraut (made by my MIL)

I have said before that my MIL really does try and cater to my diet requirements. That said, she is also fearful--and it is a fear--of altering a recipe, so when the recipe calls for brown sugar, as in the case of the kraut, she added brown sugar even though she knew I couldn't eat it. 

{sigh} God love 'er. She did, however, save some of the uncooked sauerkraut so that I could do my own thing. This turned out really well, because I wanted to eat my kraut raw this time. (Remember I was talking about how well things were going poop-wise. Yeah, not so much. But I don't want to talk about poop in the same sentence I am talking about food. Ew! Gross!)

So I took my raw kraut, grated an apple, grated a carrot, mixed it all together and voila! Really tasty kraut. As far as the brats go, I just had to hope that they did not have sugar. Most do not, and I didn't want to dig through the trash to read the ingredient. 

Sometimes it's just better to let it go. 

Dinner was great. Tomorrow we ski!




No comments:

Post a Comment