Monday, January 7, 2013

day 1: tuna eggs and ropa vieja



Breakfast:           Coffee (black), hard-boiled eggs (2), mandarin (1)
Lunch:                 Everyday Paleo’s Tuna Stuffed Eggs, butter lettuce with Dijon vinaigrette
Dinner:                 PaleOMG’s Crockpot Ropa Vieja with Cuban-Style Rice, San Pellegrino with lime
Not terribly exciting until dinner, but I will have great leftovers tomorrow! (I hope. I will let you know if this recipe is a winner. It was certainly easy to throw in the slow cooker this morning before I left for work.)

Take a look at “Day 1″ on the Whole30 Timeline. It is spot on, and yes, my friend, it will get worse before it gets better.

I remember my first Whole30, which I attempted one year ago. Day 1: great! Days 2 & 3: not-so great. Not-so great to the point that I had a two-day withdrawal headache, and by day 3, it was not minor–and this was just a withdrawal from sugar and flour! I cannot imagine withdrawing from nicotine or heroine. I couldn’t keep my eyes open. It was ridiculous how awful I felt. Oy.

BUT…my second Whole30 was much better, and I think it’s because I had been eating cleaner. I don’t know. I am just hoping that my withdrawals this time–coming back from Mexico where I consumed cervezas y tequilas–are mild.



No comments:

Post a Comment